Tuesday 1 November 2011

The Last Post - without beer

I don’t think I made myself clear in the last post. Sorry but I had had a few by the time I got to the PC, hence the mumbling. Maybe I should clear some shit up here.
Kate is well peaved at me, that much is clear from the last post. Man, she is hating what I talk about lately. Anything to do with my mate is going down badly… She really has problems with facing it. Although to be fair when I said this to her, she just laughed and told me it was me who had the issues.
The row did go mental and we ended up talking about James’ mum, Mrs P. Kate, the spiteful cow that she is, reminded me of all the promises I made to Mrs P when we said goodbye to James. I will remember that day for as long as I live, the sun shining, like God was happy James’ had died, the birds chirping away, the day getting on as if no one but me was aware that James had drowned, I don’t show emotion that well about others but that day I cried, I cried so loud that other people looked at me with frowns on the foreheads – fucking jealous that we were so close is their problem. And Mrs P? Yeah, so I did promise to look after her, I did say I would always pop round and make sure she was ok, that I’d mow her lawn, help put the rubbish out, come round for tea every week. Problem is, I never went round and it’s been a year now.
I did try to tell Kate I had been busy but she asked me exactly what I’d done. I couldn’t really answer that question, days seem to have just gone by. That didn’t make me feel too good. I’ll give Kate that row, she won it fair and square.
When I asked what I should do, regarding Mrs P, Kate told me to work it out for myself. She reckons she’s just too tired to deal with all this. What that means, I have no fucking idea, I mean what is ‘tired’ got to do with anything? We were only talking, how tiring is talking. I think she knew I was right and just wanted to get away from admitting she was wrong.
But basing it all on that row, I have decided to work it all out for myself. I am going to visit Mrs P. We go back so far that it won’t matter that I haven’t been around for the last year. She is an understanding old bird and I reckon I can just turn up and it will all be the same as before, just without James about, that’s all.
I’m feeling pretty good now I have a plan of action. I doubt I will talk about Leah with Mrs P because she can’t stand that bitch… Mrs P can stand Leah, that is (although I don’t think Leah has much time for her ex mother in law either).

No comments:

Post a Comment