Tuesday 25 October 2011

Last Night’s dream

Right then, here goes.
I was sat alone on a big thick branch of a tree. It was raining but I wasn’t cold, in fact quite the opposite, the rain was warm on my skin. I felt happy in the dream, at least to start with.
I looked about and saw how high I was, that felt a little strange and I almost fell. Then I seemed to relax a bit and accept I was in a tree, like it was the most natural thing in the world. The first time I looked about there was nothing to see, just a field with a tent in the centre. That was weird since the last time I went camping was a year ago.
I looked about the tree again and this time James was sat with me. But I didn’t flip or anything, again it was like the most natural thing, to see your best mate up a tree. I went to say something to him, to tell him how much I’ve missed him, to tell him about last weekend on the piss and how much he would have been there on it with me. But he just smiled and that stopped me talking.
When I looked up again the field had changed into a cemetery and there was a group of people stood about in black. Kate was there, so was Mrs P (James’ Mum), Leah was there with her son and her brother. The rain was still falling on me (still sat there on the tree) but the funeral party were basking in the sun.
I offered a can of Stella to James (where it came from beats the shite out of me) but he said no. I opened the can and took a sip as we watched the group bury someone.
Now I know what you’re thinking, that we were witnessing James’ funeral but that aint the case because he was cremated. Well, when I say cremated I mean there was a cremation but obviously with what happened there were always going to be complications.
Anyway back to the dream.
Whoever it was who was buried it was weird. None of the crowd were crying or mourning and when the body was put in the hole it wasn’t in a box or anything, just wrapped up in duvet and slung in.
The sun kept shining on the funeral and the rain kept falling on me and James. I looked at him and he smiled then he said the only words of the whole dream.
Leah has gone through so much, please leave her alone.
I looked up to see Leah but she was no longer there, none of them were. The funeral had metamorphisised back into the field but this time stood next to the tent (I think it was my tent now, come to think of it) was that bloke dressed in black with the gold chains from the pub. He just stood there staring at me, I don’t even think he saw James. Then the man started to walk towards the tree and I panicked but I couldn’t get down, no matter how hard I tried I couldn’t get down.
He picked up pace and started to run towards the tree and I realised the only way out of this was to jump but it was too high. I looked to James for help but he’d vanished – fucking dreams. The nearer the man got the more I was worried but before I jumped I woke up.
Kate was stood there in the doorway, with the hall light on behind her.
Did you hear what I said? She asked.
Sorry. I said pulling the duvet from me.
I said Leah has gone through so much, please leave her alone.
Now I know I told Kate I would leave Leah out of this, I cant help but thinking about stuff. Yeah so once I promised to not go see Leah, Kate dragged me to bed and we made up but I’m thinking she so knows something, Leah that is, what could Kate know?.
Leah is due a Jack visit… I have to talk to her and I don’t think she’ll mind either. We used to be mates, yeah stuff got in the way of that before James died but it’s been ages now, surely bygones can be bygones?

No comments:

Post a Comment